Joshua joined PKF Mueller in 2014 after a career in private industry where he provided management and operational guidance to a host of different industries. He has leveraged his experience to assist not-for-profit, manufacturing, and construction clients to have successful audits, reviews, and compilations.
Joshua is passionate about not-for-profit organizations and is involved with Mueller’s not-for-profit leadership group. The group is focused on being at the forefront of emerging issues facing not-for-profits and ensuring the success of Mueller’s not-for-profit clients. Additionally, he serves on the Illinois CPA Society’s Not-for-Profit Organization’s Committee and the ad hoc subcommittee where he works to develop presentations for not-for-profits as a public service to cover various issues of importance.
He is a firm believer in continuing education and seeks to continually learn new skills, implement new approaches to his work, and manage the latest updates and changes in the profession. During 2016, Joshua completed the Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE) certification in order to enhance his knowledge of this important risk area and bring greater value to PKF Mueller clients.
Education & Certification
- B.A., Psychology, University of Texas at Austin, 2001
- M.B.A., Finance, Benedictine University, Illinois, 2011
- CPA Preparation Certificate Program, Northwestern University, Illinois, 2013
- M.S., Accounting, University of Connecticut, 2015
- Licensed Certified Public Accountant, Illinois, 2014
- Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE) Certification, 2016
Professional & Civic Organizations
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA), Member
- Illinois CPA Society (ICPAS), Member
- Association of Certified Fraud Examiners (ACFE), Member
- Illinois CPA Society’s Not-For-Profit Organization’s Committee Member
- Illinois CPA Society’s Not-For-Profit Organization’s Committee ad hoc subcommittee Member