Amy M. Chamoun
Tel: (847) 649-8843
Amy is a Partner in the Firm’s Tax Department and has over 13 years of public accounting experience. She joined Mueller in January 2011 and was previously with a large regional firm serving clients in the Chicagoland area and Michigan. Amy manages a diversified client base focusing on clients in the manufacturing, distribution, real estate, construction, technology, and service industries.
Her expertise includes corporate, flow-through, and individual tax planning and compliance; tax research and technical memoranda; state and local tax planning and compliance including U.S. international tax planning and compliance for both inbound and outbound operations of multinational companies; and providing support to small and mid-sized companies in managing their global workforce challenges.
She has been recognized as a technical resource and known for her ability to balance highly complex tax solutions for domestic and internationally active clients and their employees. Amy has assumed a leadership role within the Firm’s International Business Group partnering with Mueller’s global associations.
Education & Certifications
- B.S., summa cum laude, Accountancy, Northern Illinois University, DeKalb, IL, 2003
- M.S., Taxation, Northern Illinois University, DeKalb, IL, 2004
- Licensed Certified Public Accountant, Illinois
- Upstream Academy, Emerging Leaders Academy Program, 2015-2017
Professional & Civic Organizations
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Illinois CPA Society (ICPAS); International Tax Committee Member
- Court Appointed Special Advocates (CASA), DeKalb County Inc., Board Member
Awards & Honors
- National Association of Professional Women, Woman of the Year, 2012-2013
- Northern Illinois University, Woman’s Highest Achievement Award
- Northern Illinois University, Graduate with Highest Honors